Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

One long hiatus!

It is funny, the post before this, nearly over 2 years ago was after a hiatus.....albeit a much shorter one.

So what happened??!!

Well my sewing machine started to fail on me, whilst I was half way through making various projects for my soon to be nephew at the time. Not a good time for it to break and there was a lot of last minute sewing using my Mum's machine the night before his baby shower, but I managed it in the end. However, it is only recently that I have got on and done anything about the lack of sewing machine and craftiness! I am currently in the process of getting a new machine which I hope to order soon. I will post pictures of it once it arrives but that will not be until the beginning of August!

I am happy to say that I carried out my first up-cycle project this year. I took an old children's chair we had in the family and gave it a revamp for my nephews first birthday. I painted a picture of Winnie the Pooh on it. Suffice to say, I was quite pleased with it.

 Before  
After


Also this weekend just gone, I visited London. Whilst I was there I wanted to try and visit a fabric shop or two, and after searching on the internet for the best place in London to go, Berwick street off of Oxford Street appeared on screen to have a reasonable amount of fabric shops. I wasn't disappointed, there were quite a few. However, some were out of my price range but then they were stocking high quality fabrics, particularly some nice silks!!


One shop I particularly like was the 'Cloth House'. This shop had some lovely fabrics and although I could have a piece of all of them, I just went for a nice simple fabric. It stood out to me as I think it would be a lovely print for a bag, either for the outside or as a surprising and pretty lining. Nevertheless, it will remain with the rest of my fabric collection until I acquire a new machine!


 Well I think that is it for the time being. I will keep you updated with how things go, as I currently try to organise and sort out my spare room. I want to make more use of it, sort of make it into more of a craft/sewing room!


No comments: