Pages

Saturday 23 July 2011

A revamp and a whole lot more

Ok, so it has been awhile since I posted, but then as you can see quite a bit has changed around here. As I was exploring more blogs, I started to think that the look of my blog was a bit....simple, not unique enough, I guess and thought surely I can design a better layout. So, here it is! I feel it has more of an identity to it now and for now, it will be staying like this.

I went to another Sew Much Fun meet up, which was an intro into knitting. It was a good evening because though I have knitted before, I hadn't done any in quite sometime. So remembering how to cast on and off, and actually knitt a row was quite fuzzy. However, I soon picked it up. Now I just need to keep it going so I don't forget again!! Today I picked up some 4mm knitting needles, I only have 8mm needles from when I knitted my scarf and using those on the wool I have makes it quite a loose knit, so now I have some other size needles for when I want a tighter knitt.

So I started a new project in the week, you can see more info on it under my current project section, but I am making another bag. This time from the book Carry Me by Yuka Koshizen (see the library for my review on it).

I am making the bag on the front cover, but it is in a completely different fabric! I managed to get the interfacing, lining fabric and zipper today at Dulem Mill. I was quite shocked that I was able to get it all there, it is quite a good place to have so close for little bits and bobs! So hopefully it will be finished in no time!!

My book also arrived, Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts: An A - Z Guide with Detailed Instructions and Endless Inspiration, and it is such a great book - note to self, remember to write a review to put in the library. It has so many different craft techniques and projects to do that it is a case of where do I begin? I have a feeling that I might start with the soap making section as it looks really fun and I could experiment with smells so much.

No comments: